About us The South Africa Sugar Association is an extremely diverse organisation employing approximately 1000 people in a wide range of specialist areas. SASA’s performance and service levels are highly reliant upon the performance and service of SASA’s employees. The diversity of the skills SASA employs, ranging from high-level specialist to unionized industrial and agricultural labour, and the wide geographical spread of our operations, makes the effective management of people, their knowledge, and their performance particularly important. In support of this need, the Human Resources Division provides a comprehensive range of services to managers and employees in SASA, all of which aim to resource the organisation with highly competent and effective people who are committed to serving the best interests of the South African sugar industry.
- A relevant tertiary qualification (minimum bachelor’s degree), preferably to post graduate level.
- A minimum of 5 years’ proven experience at management level in the specialization of Labour / Industrial Relations in a medium to large organisation, preferably an admitted attorney.
- Working knowledge of all relevant legislation related to the South African labour framework.
- Experience in conducting legal research to advise on all labour relations matters and general legal matters relevant to the association.
- Preferably fluent in both IsiZulu and English.
- Specialist representation experience at Wage Negotiations, Bargaining Council, CCMA, and the Labour Court.
- A high level of investigative, mediation, negotiation, and persuasion skills.
- Effective Communicator and Presenter.
- Exceptional computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office.
- Comfort with documentation recording and reporting.
- Ability to anticipate needs and solve problems proactively.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with a comfort in balancing priorities and deadlines.